Johnson&Johnson Wet Labs
Wound Closure Academy – Principles and Techniques to Improve Wound Closure outcomes.
Date: November 7, 2019, 9:00 AM-12:30 PM
You will be exposed to the wound closure principles; review the phases of wound healing by tissue type; learn about the anatomy of a suture. You will learn how to select the best polymer for the different tissue types and review the clinical evidences available for antibacterial sutures. You will have the opportunity to practice wound closure and knot-tying as well as learn how to close a wound with knotless tissue control devices.
To ensure this educational program meets your needs, we recommend that participants meet the following criteria:
- Interest in increasing knowledge of wound closure and skills development in the applying wound closure techniques.
- Target Audience is for all clinicians that have a role in wound closure
After participating in this program, you will have a greater understanding of basic and innovative wound closure techniques and be able to:
- Understand the basics of Wound Healing and Science of Tissue Management.
- Practice on the basic suturing techniques
- Practice and perform advanced wound closure techniques
Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgical Principles (Lecture and Laboratory)
Date: November 8, 2019, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
The course is designed to inform and expose you to:
- Halstead’s surgical principles
- Use of checklists in surgery
- Suture and relevant materials
- Suturing & tissue handling
- Proper use of surgical instruments
- Patient prep and aseptic surgical technique
- Cadaver: Wound Closure, Cystotomy, Gastrotomy, Enterotomy
- Hemostasis and the use of energy in surgery
Cadaver and simulation tissue (Pre-requisites) We will expect you to have the introductory capability to do the following:
- Understand basic Halstedian surgical principles
- Perform basic surgical suturing tasks:
- Understand basic principles of abdominal procedures (Gastrotomy, Cystotomy)
- Understand basic principle of wound closure