Calm the Angry GI Tract: What's New in Nutrition
08 Nov 2019
Veterinary Technician Theater
- Upon completion of this course participants will:
- •Recognize the clinical signs of vomiting and diarrhea
- •Be able to identify the three stages of vomiting
- •Realize the importance of communications with pet owners as well as the importance of gaining a thorough understanding of the pet owner’s definition of vomiting and/or diarrhea
- •Understand how to diagnose through the process/steps of: complete history, details of episodes, complete physical exam, complete blood count (CBC), etc.
- •Identify key nutritional factors that should be considered when managing a patient
- •Realize the importance of a multimodal approach to therapy and gain awareness of the impact of key nutritional factors such as water, electrolytes, protein, fat, Fatty Acids, etc.
- •Understand that nutritional management is an important part of therapy in the management of vomiting and/or diarrhea.