Cryosurgery in Small Animal Veterinary Practices
This course will provide a foundation for Veterinarians on the principles and uses of Cryourgery for cutaneous lesions. The course covers the history, principles and practice management issues when using Cryosurgery and will include a hands-on practicum (non-live animal) to help attendees become familiar with the use of Cryosurgical products and technologies
- •Why use cryosurgery in the Veterinary Practice
- •What are the historical Uses of Gases & Materials for Cryosurgery.
- •What types of lesions have been treated with Cryosurgery, Literature and Meta Analysis.
- •What success rates were achieved
- •What limitations does Cryosurgery have in Veterinary Medicine
- •Heat Transfer and how it affects cryosurgical effectiveness
- •Comparison of Products Marketed to Veterinarians for Cryosurgery
- •Hands on testing of commercial products.
- •Testing using model system
- •Pricing Models when Using Cryosurgery and impact on the overall practice economics
- •Select Peer Reviewed Articles for review