Wound Closure Academy – Principles and Techniques to Improve Wound Closure outcomes
You will be exposed to the wound closure principles; review the phases of wound healing by tissue type; learn about the anatomy of a suture. You will learn how to select the best polymer for the different tissue types and review the clinical evidences available for antibacterial sutures. You will have the opportunity to practice wound closure and knot-tying as well as learn how to close a wound with knotless tissue control devices.
To ensure this educational program meets your needs, we recommend that participants meet the following criteria:
1. Interest in increasing knowledge of wound closure and skills development in the applying wound closure techniques.
2. Target Audience is for all clinicians that have a role in wound closure
- After participating in this program, you will have a greater understanding of basic and innovative wound closure techniques and be able to:
- 1.Understand the basics of Wound Healing and Science of Tissue Management.
- 2.Practice on the basic suturing techniques
- Practice and perform advanced wound closure techniques